We came. We saw. We spent… all of our money.
I think hill country is the God’s country. no lies. I want to marry a rancher and move there – yesterday. Its so nice and laid back. Granted there is nothing around but is nice and peaceful. One of my favorite trips every year.
(Lots of pictures ahead)
If you are a junk lover you would thrive in this town during the twice a year shows. Its amazing. After two days your body is screaming and your wallet is dry but its so worth it.
There is a lot of refinished ready to use items in the barns/tents but there is also a lot of junk outside just waiting to be repurposed. It’s a place for all types – those who love to redo and those who love something redone.
Next year I should let you guys weigh in on something you want me to find in Warrenton – like a mission impossible – crazy enough its probably there! Old and new. Prices from $0.50 to $5,000
We got really lucky this year with the weather. First year it was hotter than hot, last year it was still pretty hot, but this year was perfect. Slight chill to the wind but still so sunny and nice you could give your legs a little sun. Bliss.
Here is how we do Warrenton:
- You have to call MONTHS ahead to be able to get a hotel room. We stay in LaGrange but there are a bunch of bed and breakfasts close just make sure to plan ahead – they go QUICK! (Other towns of mention: Round Top, Fayetteville, and Carmine)
- There is more there than you will ever be able to see. Don’t feel overwhelmed – you cant do it all.
- Start on an outer tent/edge and work your way in.
- If you like to pick through and find treasures – stay outside – if you want to spend a little more and have the work done for you – head into the buildings.
- Don’t go opening weekend, that’s for dealers. Don’t go the last weekend that’s the most crowded. Middle weekend is the perfect time.
- Expect to walk a lot!
- Take cash and expect to spend it
Above all else, make the time and go. Seriously. You wont regret it.
Tomorrow – the goods!